In April 2020 I ordered a capture device that some had said was a reasonably priced 1080p60 USB3 capture device. It showed up July 5th. Since there appears to be a lack of information on the device online I’ll document what I find here for others.
As reported by Linux:
- Product: eEver USB Device
- Manufacturer: eEver
- SerialNumber: 20000130041415
- bcdDevice= 1.00
- Mfr=6, Product=7, SerialNumber=3
The device, while being advertised as being USB3; having a blue USB port; and using a USB3 A to A cable, it is NOT seen as a USB3 device. According to Linux it registers as a high-speed device (aka USB2).
The usb and uvcvideo drivers outputs the following (5.4.0-40-generic on Ubuntu 20.04):
[241601.870573] usb 1-5: new high-speed USB device number 31 using xhci_hcd [241602.031812] usb 1-5: New USB device found, idVendor=1e4e, idProduct=701d, bcdDevice= 1.00 [241602.031814] usb 1-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=6, Product=7, SerialNumber=3 [241602.031815] usb 1-5: Product: eEver USB Device [241602.031815] usb 1-5: Manufacturer: eEver [241602.031816] usb 1-5: SerialNumber: 20000130041415 [241602.032468] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device eEver USB Device (1e4e:701d) [241602.040993] uvcvideo: UVC non compliance -- GET_DEF(PROBE) not supported. Enabling workaround. [241602.041361] uvcvideo 1-5:1.0: Entity type for entity Extension 4 was not initialized! [241602.041362] uvcvideo 1-5:1.0: Entity type for entity Processing 3 was not initialized! [241602.041363] uvcvideo 1-5:1.0: Entity type for entity Camera 1 was not initialized!
While using OBS 25.0.8 I find the performance a bit unstable. Perhaps it’s due to attempting to push 1080p60 over USB2. Using a PulseAudio input resulted in a significant audio sync issues but the ALSA input was much better.